Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cleaning Up the Blog

Just a quick note to warn you that some pictures on the blog may suddenly appear as Xs while I clean up pictures uploaded to the blog.  Apparently you can delete images you no longer have on your blog or accidentally uploaded more than once by going to your Picasa Web Album account (did I even sign up for this?!?) and deleting them from there.  Even if you don't have an album publicly, anything you upload to Blogger appears here (not a copy of every image you post; just a copy of each one you upload).

My reason for doing this is I'm finding it harder to get pictures to load when inserting images in posts because of the duplicate images I uploaded every time I made a post.  I later learned that you can use uploaded images on multiple posts.  Ack!  Anyway, just to let you all know that I am aware of the potential broken image problem & will be fixing it up.  What I'm hoping for is that if I keep one copy of an uploaded image, Blogger will post that one & not a specific uploaded copy that I may delete as a duplicate :/  We'll see...

1 comment:

  1. I discovered this recently too.
    I have managed to delete an award off my front page being too cocky trying to clean up my pisca album.
    still have duplicates of some pics.

    have fun.
    carol

    ReplyDelete