Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Hiatus

A quotation come to mind right now as I post this from one of my favourite novels (and movies), Sense and Sensibility, from that overbearing but delightful codger Mrs. Jennings:  "Ah, Pooter.  Still alive, I see."  Replace Pooter the parrot with Teacher/Learner the blogger and there you have the initial reaction you must have had upon seeing this post on your Google Reader after nearly three months of no posts.

I have had a wonderful (though exhausting) time teaching a grade 1/2 class for the past 10 weeks and am happy to report that I will be continuing in the same position with a new group of students from September to May.  That means that book blogging during the school year will be very limited.

I don't want to say goodbye or even farewell but I will, to be fair to all who come here (and I miss your comments, your posts & your literary kinship), I am announcing that I will have to take a hiatus from book blogging.  My posts will be sporadic for the next year or so.  I will likely have to bow out of reading challenges (as much as it pains me to) and will have to make time to read in the real world when I have the time, energy, and love to do so.

I sure hope that I can return to this world.  It has rekindled a love of reading in me that I hope will continue as I enter a much more demanding workforce.

Thank you all for your support and well wishes :)

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job! My husband is a teacher and is so very busy during the school year, never much time to do anything else! Enjoy your summer and we'll be here whenever you pop in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and good luck with the teaching job. I'll miss your posts, but I know teaching is hard. My hubby is a teacher and I cringe when I watch how stressed out he can get. I don't think I could do it.

    Hope to see you back here eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's wonderful that you got the position! The last day of school at my daughter's school was a very sad day. ALL of the 4th grade teachers were let go and my daughter is in a panic since she is going into 4th in August. There will be lots of splits next year. That I know.

    Have a great summer and school year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging should definitely be a joy and not a chore. I hope you come back eventually, but in the mean time good luck with everything life throws your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is good to have a little hiatus. If it becomes permanent then you will be missed dearly. If you come back then you will be received with open arms.


    Please visit My Webblog

    ReplyDelete