Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Monday, January 9, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


A weekly meme hosted by Sheila @ Book Journey.

Yay, I finished my first book of 2012!  It feels great to kick the new year off with a good one.

Read This Week:  (1)
Jane Eyre- Charlotte Bronte (A)
I really enjoyed this one.  It felt like Jane Austen meets Rebecca.  Review coming soon!

Reviews This Week:  (1)
Emma- Jane Austen (B)
Currently Reading:  (3)
Seriously...I'm Kidding- Ellen DeGeneres
Before delving into Stephen King's latest, I'm dipping into the new Queen of talk's book.

U2 by U2- U2 (Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton, Larry Mullen Jr.)
My Life- Bill Clinton

Next to Read:
11/22/63- Stephen King
I'm hoping it lives up to the hype...


Have a great week everyone :)

7 comments:

  1. Oh Jane Eyre, that was a good one, indeed! Hope your next few books are good reads too, especially the Stephen King one - I'm planning to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG 11/22/63 so lives up to the hype! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I loved Jane Eyre but read it soooo many years (decades) ago - I would love to reread it.

    And I still need to read Emma - maybe in 2012!

    My husband just finished 11/22/63 and loved it - hope you enjoy it, too!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should read something funny like Ellen, hmmm I have in my post I have no idea for whats next, that may just be it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am on the list for 11/22/63 at the library. I think I am number 306. Sigh. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a grand plan to read Jane Austen this year - should get started at some stage! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The majority of books I read, I tried not to put any pre-expectations/thoughts into it. By doing this, I found I was able to really reading it. Two things that I found unique about it: as Ellen said "anyone could read it" and you don't have to read front to back. I, myself chose to read "snipets" Each chapter/page was different from the one before.As i read.

    ReplyDelete