Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Monday, January 30, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


A weekly meme hosted by Sheila @ Book Journey.


Ouch, two weeks later and I've just finished one book: 11/22/63 by Stephen King.  I've had no motivation to write any reviews, either.  Is this a slump?  Well, at least I'm still reading something.  It's a reviews slump :)

Read This Week:
11/22/63- Stephen King
Wow, this was a terrific read!  It was full of unexpected threads and he works the time travel yarn (get it? Threads? Yarn?  Ha ha) so well, it makes me want to not only re-read The Time Traveler's Wife but find more books in this subgenre.  Any suggestions?

Collecting dust on the nightstand but still hanging in there:
U2 by U2- U2 (Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton, Larry Mullen Jr.)
My Life- Bill Clinton

Reviews Coming Soon (I promise):
Life Itself- Roger Ebert
Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret- Judy Blume
Jane Eyre- Charlotte Bronte
Seriously...I'm Kidding- Ellen DeGeneres
11/22/63- Stephen King

Next to Read:
I'm finally going to get to The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.  With the release of the movie The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, I'd like to finish the book
series off.


Have a great week of reading :)


4 comments:

  1. I look forward to your review of 11/22/63. It's been so long since I've read anything by Stephen King.It might be time to start up again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teacher/Learner: I liked "The Girl" trio a lot - I'm about to read Jane Eyre for the Feminist Classics readalong (I read it years ago). And I'm a teacher too (professor). Happy reading, Ruby

    http://yearofreadingmybooks.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Want to read 11/22/63 and will soon. I just finished The Girl Who Played with Fire and have started ....HOrnet's Nest. Great series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it counts as a slump! 11/22/63 is a big big book. So I've heard anyway...I'm still number 200 and something on the library queue. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete