Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bookish Mad Libs

Found this cool meme at The Bookworm & thought I'd give it a try. I have to cheat a little though--you're supposed to fill in books read in the last year. Since I've read mostly teacher resource books, I think I'll stretch it out to any books that make me look good :oD  Authors are in ( ).

In school I was:  Nervous Conditions (Tsitsi Dangaremba)
People might be surprised I’m:  Me (Katharine Hepburn)
I will never be: Heart of Darkness (Joseph Conrad)
My fantasy job is: The Woman Warrior (Maxine Hong Kingston...on TBR list)
At the end of a long day I need:  The Big Sleep (Raymond Chandler...not that I want to be dead :oD)
I hate it when:  Things Fall Apart (Chinua Achebe)
Wish I had:  A Room With a View (E.M. Forster)
My family reunions are:  High Fidelity (Nick Hornby)
At a party you’d find me with:  The Catcher in the Rye (J.D. Salinger)
I’ve never been to:  House on Mango Street (Sandra Cisneros)
A happy day includes:  A Midsummer Night's Dream (Shakespeare)
Motto I live by:  The Importance of Being Earnest (Oscar Wilde)
On my bucket list: A Map of the World (Jane Hamilton)
In my next life, I want to be:  One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (Ken Kesey)

Granted, some of these make no grammatical sense, but you get the idea.  I think this is a fun little game to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment