Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Challenge: Recalling Grade School Books Read

To jumpstart this blog, I pose a challenge to you. Can you recall books you read in each level of your schooling? I understand that this may be quite challenging depending on how long ago this was (I won’t judge) and if memories of reading at that time were positive or not. Perhaps I am one of the lucky ones to have had a pleasant reading experience in my childhood. I count myself lucky when I hear stories from teachers and parents of struggles with learning disabilities, frustration, impatience, and boredom. I rejoice with hearing tales of success and I look forward to hearing some from you!  Titles, authors, characters...whatever you can contribute.  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful blog design and details! I have enjoyed exploring it.

    Well, I do remember Dick and Jane, and Sally, Spot and Puff from the prehistoric days !! I remember my first book from the library. It was called "A Little House Of My Own" and one of my favourites growing up was "The Ship That Flew".

    Enjoy your new project.

    ReplyDelete