Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Saturday, August 21, 2010

I Didn't Think I Was Tech-Challenged Until...

...I started a blog :oP  I could use some input on how to improve the blog's appearance or content.  I'm just getting started but like lots of blog readers, I tend to go back into the archives of blog posts & find topics I'm on back in time when they were current to somebody else.

Anyway...I've spent way too much time searching out book blogs, joining up to follow them, and reading posts and haven't read anything in novel form today...I'm going to squeeze in some time now before I bug my eyes out completely at the vast screen of cyberspace.

Please add any ideas on layout, format, etc.  I've been fiddling with the HTML a little and have made some progress.  Maybe it's transparent, but it's there :oD

~Teacher/Learner~

3 comments:

  1. Hello there. I'm with you there on the whole html thing. Thank God my husband is into computers lol.
    I got my templates here: http://btemplates.com/blogger-templates/3-columns/ . Don't hesitate to ask any questions, will help the best I can.

    Happy Blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first started my first blog last year, it was just terrible. It was about a subject I really wasn't interested in. I gave up on that one and started a second one, but it had no focus. My third one, New Jersey Memories (http://www.newjerseymemories.com) was an improvement and is doing very well. Then I started The Literary Lioness for book reviews and writing prompts (thanks for visiting by the way!)

    I learned the most from visiting other blogs and really studying them -- the layout, etc. I learned about what I like and don't like. Since I couldn't afford a custom design I was on my own. Blogger has vastly improved its basic templates since then (you have one of the newer ones). They are really good -- Blogger did a good job with them. I love that you can have the layout the way you want it and adjust the width yourself. Your blog looks fine.

    I have also found some excellent templates at http://www.ourblogtemplates.com. Just make sure that if you ever change templates you click the "keep widgets" button!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the suggestions! I've been looking into different templates but I think I'll let it be for now and focus on reading & reviewing :o)

    ReplyDelete