Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday Blog Hop!

A weekly meme hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy For Books.

This week's topic is:

Tell us about one of your posts from this week & give us a link so we can read it (review or otherwise)!


I'm currently finishing up Rabbit, Run by John Updike, which has taken a week or so to read, so the last review I posted was for Wonder Boys by Michael Chabon.  I enjoyed the story a lot--it was so unique & interconnected with fascinating characters.  The language was sharp & crisp, sometimes rather intellectual (consult a dictionary on some words) but overall a wonderful read.  Hope you enjoy!

What have you read & reviewed recently?  Comment with a link & I'd love to visit you :)

Have a great weekend!


4 comments:

  1. Hey! I think you should check the author's name on the post....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loni~ Thanks for the heads-up! Did you know I made the same mistake when asking about the book at a store? GAH! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Post Is:

    This week I reviewed a work of suspense fiction that is such a wide departure from the thriller genre that I feel everyone – fans and foes of the genre alike – really should investigate.

    Hop on over to my blog and see for yourself – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard A. Sherman, Implementor
    Get Inside a Story
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Wonder Boys, but I really liked the movie.

    ReplyDelete