Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Friday, February 4, 2011

Let's Go to the Hop!



A weekly meme hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy For Books.

This week's question is:

What are you reading now & why are you reading it?


I'm currently reading Wonder Boys by Michael Chabon just for fun because I love the movie with Michael Douglas and I have heard Chabon's name before but never read one of his books.  I'm about 2/3 of the way through and am enjoying it.  The plot is finely tuned and his use of language is richly intellectual, but not at all dry--in fact, it's incredibly funny.  I'm looking forward to finishing it off this weekend & penning a review :)

What are you reading right now?

Have a great weekend :)

9 comments:

  1. The music really got me in the mood to go hopping today! Thanks. I've never read Wonder Boys, but it's definately on my TBR list. ALso, I love the paper-cut recommendation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to your review of Wonder Boys. I've never read any Chabon either. So many books, so little time! My daughter and I just started P&P, and I'm reading it aloud. I hadn't remembered how much of it is dialogue, and how confusing it can be to know who is speaking without seeing the words on the page. I'm afraid I may have to start doing "voices" for each of the characters until we get better acquainted with them all. But once the story is underway, I'm sure it will flow more easily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know he wrote Wonder Boys. I will go add it to my ever growing wishlist. I am reading four types of books. Come see what they are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    I think I've read one his books, his name sounds so familiar. This one sounds interesting. I checked out your 100 movies. I've seen lots of them. My all time favorite movie is Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves with Kevin Costner. And a close follow up is Brave Heart with Mel Gibson. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. I've always wanted to read something by Michael Chabon.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still haven't read Wonder Boys (or seen the movie) .... but I like Chabon. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog -- and happy Hopping !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping by to say have a great weekend!

    New follower :)

    Lu
    http://quickquotesquills.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping back at you. Thanks for stopping by.

    I keep hearing Michael Chabon's name...I probably ought to try one of his books just to see what eveyone's talking about.

    Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Teach, just stopping by on the hop and follow. I'm ur newest follower!
    I'm currently reading Master of Smoke by Angela Knight.
    Happy Reading!!!
    See ya!
    Dana
    Readaholics Anonymous

    ReplyDelete