Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Irresistibly Sweet Award


Thank you to Book Loving Mommy who has awarded me the Irresistibly Sweet award.  I'm asked to list 4 guilty pleasures & to pass on the award to 6 bloggers.

My 4 (ha, more like a 100 narrowed down :D) guilty pleasures are:

1)  Chocolate.  Any time, any place :D  And almost any type, just not white.

2)  A silly movie.  I watched a Farrelly Brothers one last night (Stuck on You with Matt Damon, Greg Kinnear, Cher & Meryl Streep), and I also love the Farrellys' Fever Pitch (with Drew Barrymore & Jimmy Fallon).  I love a guaranteed laugh!

3)  An iced cappucino from Tim Hortons on a hot summer day :P (that's a drooly face).

4)  Playing a game with a class near the end of the school day.  I like to reward them for their hard work & with a different teacher no less!

5)  Cheesy 80s music!  You should see my iPod :D

...And now I'd like to pass on the love to 6 bloggers I've recently starting following:

Bex @ An Armchair by the Sea
Joanne @ Booklover Book Reviews
Kate @ Kate's Library
Laurie @ What She Read
Darlyn @ Your Move, Dickens
Ordinary Reader

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! How sweet of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate is amazing! Anytime, anywhere, in any format. Im especially a fan of dipping things in melted chocolate!
    Also.,thankyou!:-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award.

    I went for choc as my first choice too :)
    what are we like?

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun list! Yeah, so-called "white chocolate" is an oxymoron - doesn't even count.

    I'm not sure I've ever seen a Farrelly Brothers movie - have to look into those.

    Congratulations on your award!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the award. I, too, have a soft spot for chocolate, romantic comedies, and cheesy 80s music. Never Been Kissed is a particular favorite of mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the award - very sweet! And congratulations on your receipt of it.

    Let's see - chocolate is on my list too, along with books of course plus most thai and italian food, and the great strawberry icey milkshakes made by the coffee shop down the street from my office!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on receiving the award and thank you so much for passing it on to me. I'll have to give some thought to what my guilty pleasures are. Books come to mind, but the truth is I don't feel guilty at all about how much I read or how many books I buy!
    Thanks again, Dianne

    ReplyDelete