A weekly meme hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy For Books.
This week's topic is from Ellie @ Musings of a Bookshop Girl.
"If I gave you £50 (or $80) and sent you into a bookshop right now, what would be in your basket when you finally staggered to the till?"
Oooh...don't toy with me, I'm very vulnerable to book shopping hypotheticals :D
I'm going to think a bit more radically here instead of stating the obvious (challenge books that I haven't bought yet). I always like to buy fiction, but usually I'll throw in a couple of nonfiction, and usually one (auto)biography or memoir to spice things up.
Let's say for sake of argument (and having to do several price checks) that each book cost $10, so here are the 8 eclectic books I'd buy:
1) Get Happy by Gerald Clarke--a biography of Judy Garland
2) The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers--a classic
3) Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume--a children's classic
4) Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery--minus book #1 which I already have; a box set on sale?! In my dreams :D
5) Blessings by Anna Quindlen--I've been dying to read something else by her as I absolutely loved One True Thing
6) Back When We Were Grownups by Anne Tyler--ditto #5, except it was The Accidental Tourist :)
7) We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver--a contemporary must-read
8) At Home by Bill Bryson--I had to throw a humourist into the group to lighten the load ;)
Coincidentally, I'm finally getting around to hitting the Book Depot, likely on Monday, so I'll hopefully have lots of book shopping news to share ;)
I can't wait to hop & see what everyone wants to buy! Isn't virtual, imaginary book shopping fun? :D What would you buy if you had $80 to spend? Share in the comments & watch your TBR list grow!
Ontarians are on spring/March break this week, so enjoy!