Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday Blog Hop!

A weekly meme hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy For Books.

This week's topic is from Somer @ A Bird's Eye Review:
 
Do you read only one book at a time, or do you have several going at once?
 
Usually, I only read one book at a time as I like to give all my attention to a single story.  Every so often, I'll dip into a second book if the first one is slow-going or if I'm particuarly psyched to start a book waiting on the shelf.
 
What about you:  are you a one-book-at-a-time reader or one of varying attention span?
 
Have a great weekend :)
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I am also a one book at a time reader. Since I read purely for enjoyment, I want to give my undivided attention to what my current read is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopped in to say hi. I am with you on the one at a time read, although I do listen to a book whenever I cannot physically be reading one. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read one at a time but will put by the wayside if going slow, in favour of another.

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not everyone can multi-task and nobody should. When it comes to book sure, I can't read four books simultaneously (or even two, for that matter!) but there are times I'll juggle as many as four books at a time depending on the subject matter, the urgency or more often both.

    The real trick to this is what KINDS of books to juggle. Hop on over to my blog and learn the method behind my madness - http://www.howardshermannet
    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. I read multiple books at a time b/c my attention span is too short.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete