Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday Blog Hop


A weekly meme hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy For Books.

I haven't participated in the hop for a while, but this topic is getting me in the mood for Hallowe'en!

What is your favorite spooky book (i.e. mystery/suspense, thriller, ghost story, etc.)?

*OoOoOoh*...did you hear that?!  My favourite scary book is Carrie by Stephen King.  There is no other book I know that scared me more than the scene where Carrie leaves the prom to walk home.  I was reading it on a bus ride home.  Yikes!  Luckily it was daytime or I'd ever be able to walk home :D 

A close runner-up: Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.  After all, what could be scarier than a world without books?

In book news, I've been eyeballs deep into The Stand and have reached the halfway mark already!  It's quite a trip and should knock off a large chunk of it this weekend with rainy weather in the forecast.  And I still have a few reviews to write...I haven't forgotten, just savouring my words until I get it just right.  *Yes, that will do* (to quote a classic Mr. Burns' line of excuse-mongering).

Have a great weekend everyone :)

6 comments:

  1. Carrie was a good one -- but I saw the movie first, so I don't think it impacted me the way it would have without seeing the movie. I do love some of those old Stephen King books....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew Stephen King will show up on numerous lists. Have a great weekend reading, snuggling in the rainy weather.

    My choices
    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-hop-spooky-reads.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great choice...Fahrenheit 451! The world that Bradbury created in that book was quite scary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only seen the movie of Carrie. Would you believe I haven't read any of Stephen King's books? I guess I'm a bit of a scaredy-cat, that's why my answer this week is Christopher Pike who I used to read in public school!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Carrie, one of my favorites of Mr. King. New follower! My hop: Mom Reads My Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from the blog hop. I love the side panels.

    New Follower.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete