Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Thinking About Challenges...

Believe it or not, 2012 reading challenges are a-coming :)  So far, it looks like two challenges I participated in this year are coming back in the new year:

The Book Vixen is once again hosting the Outdo Yourself challenge, which is a no-brainer to join as I'm constantly trying to read more.  I read so much more this year with starting up my book blog than I ever have and I'm gearing up for even more in 2012.  My initial goal will be Out of Breath (6-10 more books), considering my year-end total will probably be in the 50s or 60s.

Sarah @ Sarah Reads Too Much will soon be announcing details for an encore of Back to the Classics.  Yay!  I really loved that challenge.  It definitely got me off my behind and in gear to read older books I've always wanted to absorb but don't have the incentive to get to.  Can't wait for the new categories!

So that's two challenges I'm signing up for.  I think I will stick to a small, manageable number of challenges so I'm not restricted to a book list and have room for my spontaneous side.  Maybe two or three more...

As for my 2011 challenges....*drumroll please*...ALL DONE!  Yay!  I still have a few reviews to write but having read The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway for the last Back to the Classics category in just one sitting, I'm officially finished.  Of course, my total for the Outdo Yourself challenge will continue until December 31st at midnight ;)

I'm planning a wrap-up post to conclude and celebrate the end of my 2011 challenges.  This is where I need your help.  As some of you may already know, this is the first year I've participated in reading challenges (seeing as the blog itself is just 14 months old) and I'm not too sure what this post should be like. 

Do you have any ideas or topics of interest that might be good for a challenge wrap-up post?

Also, is it customary to post it near the end of the year or can it go up any time?

Please post ideas in the comments.  I look forward to hearing your thoughts :)  I'd also love to hear about any 2012 reading challenges you think I'd like to participate in.

Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. I plan to post a year end review about my challenges this year. It's the first year I did them too.

    If you're interested, I will be hosting an ebook reading challenge next year. Details and sign-up will be up on Nov 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on completing your challenges! I've finished 2/4 challenges I signed up for, but I'm behind on the other two. Only 2 months to go! Yikes! But it is a fun way to inspire my reading and see what everyone else is reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you for completing your 2011 reading challenges!!

    I say either way works for the wrap-up post - at the end of the year or when you complete the challenge. Since I haven't gotten around to it yet for the challenges that I have completed, I'll just do one wrap-up post at the end of the year.

    Thanks for participating! Good luck and I hope you reach your goal :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job competing your 2011 challenges. I didn't sign up for any this year because I'm usually too disorganized to finish them. I'll be joining you in the Outdo Yourself Challenge for 2012. I'll be checking back to keep up with your progress. Lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete