Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Monday, October 10, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


A weekly meme hosted by Sheila @ Book Journey.

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadian book bloggers & visitors!

I played catch-up this week and posted 4 backlog reviews with 4 more left to come.

Read This Week:  (2)
Teacher Man- Frank McCourt--I am always pleased to find an author I haven't read before but have heard so much about and end up enjoying.  This was a terrific read!  Review coming soon.

An Exaltation of Larks- James Lipton--Witty, fascinating look at collective nouns (or venery) from the well-known (pride of lions, murder of crows) to the clever (wince of dentists, a mutter of mothers-in-law).  Review coming soon

Currently Reading:  (4)
(Well, not really.  One at the moment & 3 sitting idle)

The Stand- Stephen King--I'm hooked!  After reading Under the Dome, I can see a similar style with a truckload of characters and criss-crossing of plotlines.  Loving it!

The Taking of Pelham 123- John Godey
The First Wives Club- Olivia Goldsmith
My Life- Bill Clinton

Reviews This Week:  (4)
Night- Elie Wiesel (A+)
Sense & Sensibility- Jane Austen (A)--have added to My Top 25 Favourite Books (#24)
Paul Simon: A Life- Marc Eliot (B)
Pet Sematary- Stephen King (A)

6 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

    You have lots going on. I realised recently I am just not a SK fan but I hear Stand is amazing, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Sense & Sensibility is one of the Austens I haven't read yet -- but it's definitely on my bucket list. Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember reading Night in high school and liking it. I've heard there are two other books that come after it - Dawn and Day. Have you read them yet?

    Stop by my It's Monday post if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, we got such beautiful weather today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Stephen King. Shamefully I am still to read a Stephen King book :-(

    ReplyDelete