Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Monday, October 3, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


A weekly meme hosted by Sheila @ Book Journey.

I'm alive!  It's been a busy couple of work weeks but I read the superb Sense & Sensibility which makes me want to read Pride & Prejudice again just to discover what I missed!  The nighstand book pile is a bit tall now (see my cramped-looking Goodreads widget).  I blame fluctuating reading moods :)

Read This & Last Week:  (1)
Sense & Sensibility- Jane Austen--loved it!  I can't wait to get to the review...oh yeah, and all those backlogged ones, too ;)

Reviews:
Behind again...

Currently Reading: (5)
Aaacckkk!

Teacher Man- Frank McCourt--funny, bitterly true hurrah for teachers in tough situations

An Exaltation of Larks- James Lipton--whip-smart history of collective nouns (e.g. a pride of lions)

The Taking of Pelham 123- John Godey--love the movie (the original one) and dipped into this; not sure about it yet.  There's a number of racial slurs that make me wince.

The First Wives Club- Olivia Goldsmith--not sure when/if I'll ever finish this

My Life- Bill Clinton--I'm taking this very slow...can you tell?! :)

Next to Read:
I think I'm set for the rest of this week and maybe next week.  I'll put my nose to the grindstone and start The Stand by Stephen King next.  Maybe I'll finish it by New Year's :D

Have a great reading week!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are chasing your tail, reading wise.

    Have a productive reading week

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved The Stand! I hope you get to read it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, the stand is a great read! i was wonder, how close is first wives club to the movie? =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I REALLy need to get around to reading a Jane Austen one of these days...

    Wow, how can you read so many books at once?? That's quite an eclectic mix you have going! I loved all of Frank McCourt's books!

    Enjoy your books this week -

    Sue

    ReplyDelete