Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Great Link in Lieu of Wordless Wednesday

I'm running out of photos for Wordless Wednesday!  I know...there's no excuse like a bad excuse :oP


Great post by Alyce @ At Home With Books today. Author Erica Jong (best known for her debut novel Fear of Flying) compiled the list (2 of her novels made the cut!?!).  You can also expect to find Virginia Woolf, Margaret Atwood, Edith Wharton, E. Annie Proulx, and surprisingly not Alice Munro or Audrey Niffenegger (though she may be considered 21st century).

I've only read 6 of the titles listed (boo!), but many are on the TBR list, and there are even some authors I hadn't heard of before.  Nice to know that there is such a variety of work by diverse women authors!

1 comment:

  1. I saw this list back in 2007, and went over it in one of my blog posts, 100 Books by Women...but I forgot that I'd done it until I saw your post today!

    ReplyDelete