Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Friday, September 10, 2010

Top Ten Words I Love

Check out this blog entry from Top Ten Tuesday:


Even though this is an old meme & not Tuesday, I'll give it a whirl :o)  Click on the word for a definition.  I'm a fan of single-syllable words because you can say them in one breath.  Of course, the long, breezy ones are fun to roll off the tongue!  In no particular order of preference...

10)  Calm--sounds just like what it means

9)  Read--but of course!

8)  Free--such a small word for a huge concept

7)  Quagmire--not just a Family Guy character...

6)  Whirl--as in "I'll give it a..."

5)  Spark--it brings to mind a bright idea

4)  Home--say it slowly and it sounds warm & cozy, doesn't it?

3)  Earth--sounds like home :o)

2)  Lovely--a beautifully sound, an endearing word

and...*drumroll please*...

1)  Chutzpah--pronounced "KOOTS-PAH"; I love the sound of it!

1 comment: