Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Friday, October 29, 2010

Book Blog Hop & Hallowe'en Costumes From the Office

 

A weekly meme hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy For Books.

This week's question is apparently from Jennifer herself:

What is the one bookish thing you would love to have, no matter the cost?

Nice question!  I would love to have a huge wall-to-wall bookcase in at least 3 rooms in my house: my bedroom, my family room/den, and my bathroom...LOL, just kidding :D...I'd love a separate library room with all 4 walls having floor-to-ceiling shelves filled with books.  And then atop that cost, the ability to read every single book--meaning I would be independently wealthy :D

I'm currently watching a Hallowe'en-themed rerun of The Office.  Here are my favourite costumes:





Happy Hallowe'en!

On a ghoulish note, have a safe & fun Hallowe'en, dress up in the cheesiest homemade costume (they're the best!) and try hard not to pig out on candy & chocolate...but pig out anyway :D





8 comments:

  1. i am a HUGE fan of the office and that episode rocked! I would like wall to wall book shelves as well- but independantly wealthy so you have time to read everything is a nice touch. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the Book Hop. You have wonderful reviews in your archive. I'm a new follower.
    Susan from Reading World.
    http://susancoventry@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and finding that incorrect link - I've fixed it now. I LOVED that Office episode! Thank you for reminding me of it!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping by! Love the office!!! This year's Halloween episode was good.

    Librarian too! Hope you come by and see my answer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following that darn mechnical bunny around. His gears and cogs are wound tight.

    I would want a library at my finger tips, wait I have a Nook. I would want a million books to be loaded on it now :)

    I do not have a post for this week's hop but I do have a most wonderful new review posted. Stop by and see what I had to say about Stardust.

    Mad Scientist
    http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to price that time of bookshelf. Maybe it's not that much to have them built.

    Have a Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never watched The Office. One of these days I might actually do so. All of my friends seem to love it! I

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hop Hop! Love the title of your blog!

    ReplyDelete