Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Monday, October 4, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


A weekly meme hosted by Sheila @ One Person's Journey Through a World of Books.

Had a better reading weekend with cold, rainy weather both days.  I have a favourite black sweater that I threw on and curled up with Under the Dome for several hours.  Managed to get an additional 45% read!  It's a hulking mass of a book :oD

Currently Reading
Under the Dome- Stephen King- up to page 764--I am bound & determined to finish it this week!  It is an addictive book, taking up all my reading time.

Pride & Prejudice- Jane Austen- up to page 59.  I'll be through with this one next.  I'm waiting for the shoe to drop--is the book all party-planning & matchmaking?  It's romantic & fluffy, granted, but I think the most interesting characters are getting less attention.

My Life- Bill Clinton- up to page 244.  I'll probably pick at this now & again until I get in the mood for nonfiction.  I read memoirs over the spring-summer & I was itching for good fiction (still am)!

Next Up
Freedom- Jonathan Franzen- I'm going to try this out, and not because Oprah says so :oD  I was interested in it before she chose it (it was likely a toss-up between this and Room).

Her Fearful Symmetry- Audrey Niffenegger- I really want to read this next but Freedom is beckoning first.  If it gets old hat, I'll flip to this one.


Hoo boy...it sounds like I'm getting into the multi-book reading phase :oD

What did you finish this past week?  What are you reading now?  And, if you've been here before, any thoughts on the new blog design?


6 comments:

  1. I love the new look. Very pretty. I've heard very good things about My Fearful Symmetry. I look forward to hearing what you think of it. I hope you enjoy all of your reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite book of all time! I hope you like it! Her Fearful Symmetry is on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Pride and Prejudice. I don't know why I like it so much, but there is something about it that just keeps me coming back. Under The Dome is on my wishlist but I think I have to be in the right frame of mind to tackle that one.

    Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started Under The Dome this week but then The Passage came available (after months of waiting) at the library. I couldn't handle two big books at once so I stopped Under The Dome. I think when I go back to it I may get it on the iPad. It got heavy o hold in hardcover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly haven't picked up Under the Dome in over a month! I'm glad you are getting through it. Can't wait for your review! Maybe it will motivate me to dust it off and keep trying!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your comments :o)

    Julie~ Glad you like the new layout. I think it looks less cluttered, but that could be me getting my act together & organizing things :oD

    Lisa & Stephanie~ P&P is sweet as cotton candy!

    Heather & Tara~ Almost there...! I haven't lugged my trade paperback copy out of the house for fear of breaking my back, LOL :oD

    ReplyDelete