Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My First Blog Award!


Thank you so much, LibraryGal for passing along the Cherry on Top Award to me!  So proud (*tear*).

Upon accepting this award, recipients are asked to answer the following question:

If you could go back and change one thing in your life, would you and what would it be?

Whether we care to admit it or not, there is at least 1 moment we would probably love to get another crack at getting right, but then again, it could very well have an effect on our life course from there on out.  And, to wax philosophical some more (*wink*), would changing even a tiny part of our past have much, if any, effect on the rest of it?  That being said, I think it's more fun to pick something, so I think I would have attended my high school prom.  I skipped it because I wasn't too popular and felt self-conscious (of course I did, I was a teenager!) and had a family party at home instead.  In hindsight, I probably would have had more fun than I thought.  I did have a formal at teacher's college where I went all out on prom-like stuff, so in a way, I got to reverse something from my past already :oD

Recipients are also asked to pass the award on to 5 bloggers who have offered that "little extra."  With pleasure, I have chosen:

Bybee @ Naked Without Books
Literature and America
Izzy @ My Words Ate Me
Kylie @ Kylie's Reads
Jillian @ Random Ramblings

Congratulations all :o)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first blogging award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you!! It's a first for me too! Just a quick question, do my 5 have to be book blogs, or can they be any??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Suko & Brandi :o)

    Kylie~ You're very welcome! As far as I know, they can be any type of blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great...I'm really flattered.

    ReplyDelete