Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My 100 Favourite Movies

I've added a new page to my blog called My 100 Favourite Movies.  Believe it or not, it took more energy to get the page formatted than to think of 100 titles for the list!  Any movies you love that I overlooked?  Any favourites we have in common?  Comment below :)

5 comments:

  1. We have many movies in common. I love The Breakfast Club and all the 80's teen angst movies in general. Working Girl was one of those sleeper hit movies. Great storyline, great acting and Harrison Ford (sigh). I may have skimmed over it but Breakfast at Tiffany's is also one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I saw Annie Hall on there and it's one of my all time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked a lot of your choices, and am embarrassed to say that there are 43 on your list I haven't seen. I had forgotten all about The Sting because I haven't seen it in so long, but it was such a good movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very ecclectic taste! I love Big Fish, Harvey, Moulin Rouge, Good Will Hunting, Memento, Almost Famous, Stranger Than Fiction, Stand By Me, Dead Poet's Society, His Girl Friday, Shawshank Redemption and so many of the others you listed. What a wonderful list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your comments :)

    Ti~ Also love the 80s movies like Pretty in Pink. I watch Working Girl at least every few months because I'm out of school now :D

    Kathy~ Annie Hall almost made the list. I chose Hannah & Her Sisters instead, but that's a great movie, too. It was harder than I thought to think of just 100 :)

    Alyce~ I've got a huge list of movies I haven't seen yet, so you're not alone :) The Sting became an instant favourite for me!

    Avid Reader~ Thanks, I think so too :D Glad we have some faves in common.

    ReplyDelete