Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Monthly Wrap-Up, YTD & Giveaway Reminder

The month of October was quite active (at least by my standards) and despite lots of work days clogging my reading agenda, it was a fruitful 31 days.  I read more & reviewed less (a reversal from last month).

Books Read This Month (3)--click titles for reviews
Under the Dome- Stephen King
Freedom- Jonathan Franzen
Pride & Prejudice- Jane Austen

Book Reviews Posted (9 posts, 44 books)
Woody Allen & Philosophy- Eds. Mark T. Conrad & Aeon J. Skoble
Ghosts of Mississippi- Maryanne Vollers
Angels & Demons and The Da Vinci Code- Dan Brown
James Patterson books (21)
John Grisham books (15)
Story- Robert McKee

Books Currently Being Read (3)
Her Fearful Symmetry- Audrey Niffenegger--up to page 131
Love, Stargirl- Jerry Spinelli--up to page 51
My Life- Bill Clinton--up to page 244

Books Read in 2010 So Far (30)


Also, in celebration of my 50th follower milestone, I am hosting a giveaway open until November 13th.  The prize isn't tangible, but should be fun nonetheless.  Click here for details.  Hope you will participate :)

Happy Hallowe'en :D

1 comment:

  1. We have something in common...James Patterson. If you like his books, check out Vincent Zandri, either The Remains (his newest) and Moonlight Falls. Incredible. Keep up the good work!!!
    CMash

    ReplyDelete