Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday Fill-Ins & A Link

Sorry I've been off for a couple of days!  I've had a fair whack of unexpected work lately.  It's much busier this September than the past 2 years I've been a substitute teacher.  A good sign :o)  Have also battled headaches from lack of coffee.  I've heard that happens if you give it up for a little while (I didn't do this deliberately--just busy with work & didn't get to stop at a Tims), but I'm back on it.  I can't help it...you coffee hounds out there know what I mean :oD

As for my reading progress, I had a workshop today & squeezed in a few pages of Pride & Prejudice, but I'm most proud of my 375 page progress of Under the Dome.  That's still only 37.5% complete, but I'm completely overcome by it.  It's highly addictive!


I came across this neat little Friday meme from Janet @ Friday Fill-Ins.  So, here goes.  My answers are underlined (the rest is from Janet, unless it comes in a follow-up sentence):

1. My back is watched by my loved ones.  Ack, that was awkward grammar :oD

2. Wish I had the guts to go completely wild.

3. Leaves are falling all around, from a majestic maple tree.

4. If all we have are memories, I hope I don't grow up with forgetfulness.

5. Healing is a tough but necessary process.

6. Teaching is what I've been up to lately!

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to relaxing & maybe seeing a movie, tomorrow my plans include reading & doing the Los Angeles Times crossword puzzle, and Sunday, I want to watch the football game, followed by Desperate Housewives!


As for the link, borrowed from Shannon @ Books Worth Reading, it's a great list of 100 Best First Lines From Novels.  I tried scrolling down slowly to test myself on the lines & got a couple right.  Some unrecognizable titles, but a fun list nonetheless.

Have a great weekend :o)

3 comments:

  1. I have the same thing for #6! What do you teach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice coincidence :o) I'm a sub for K-8 classes. Am pursuing work non-stop :oD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a relaxing weekend. Enjoy!!
    CMash

    ReplyDelete