Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Friday, October 1, 2010

Monthly Wrap-Up & Year to Date

This is a little late, but here's my September summary:

Books Read This Month (1)
Never Have Your Dog Stuffed & Other Lessons I've Learned- Alan Alda

Mediocre to say the least but in my defense, I have written 20 reviews this month:
The Lovely Bones- Alice Sebold
One True Thing- Anna Quindlen
The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat- Oliver Sacks
The World According to Garp- John Irving
The Time Traveler's Wife- Audrey Niffenegger
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time- Mark Haddon
K-PAX- Gene Brewer
The Book of Ruth- Jane Hamilton
The Mist- Stephen King
A Map of the World- Jane Hamilton
She's Come Undone- Wally Lamb
Lessons in Becoming Myself- Ellen Burstyn
Me- Katharine Hepburn
The Devil Wears Prada- Lauren Weisberger
Marley & Me- John Grogan
My Life as a 10-Year Old Boy- Nancy Cartwright
Planet Simpson- Chris Turner
Different Seasons- Stephen King
My Autobiography- Charles Chaplin
Carrie- Stephen King
The Hours- Michael Cunningham

I still have lots of retro reads to post then it'll be up to me to tackle my current reads & get them reviewed expediently.  Probably won't post this many reviews a month again :oD

Books Currently Being Read (3)
My Life- Bill Clinton--approx. 245 pages
Pride & Prejudice- Jane Austen--approx. 55 pages
Under the Dome- Stephen King---approx. 375 pages

Books Read in 2010 (So Far) (27)

No comments:

Post a Comment