Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Monday, October 25, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


A weekly meme hosted by Sheila @ One Person's Journey Through a World of Books.


Photobucket

My first time participating in this weekly meme hosted by Be One Fine Day.  Thank you :)


Finished Reading
Pride & Prejudice- Jane Austen- yay, it's official--I've read one Jane Austen novel :oD  Plowed through remaining 75 pages yesterday.  Now my dad wants to borrow it & see what he's been missing.  Reading certainly is contagious...!


Currently Reading
Her Fearful Symmetry- Audrey Niffenegger--up to page 25--no progress on it yesterday, but I have the day off today, so here's hoping I can dive into it some more.

Love, Stargirl- Jerry Spinelli--up to page 51--Haven't touched it this week (again).

My Life- Bill Clinton- up to page 244. Have set aside for now.


Next to Read
The Handmaid's Tale- Margaret Atwood--I can't think of a single piece of dystopian fiction I've ever read, so this may very well be my first!


New Reviews This Week
John Grisham Book Reviews--a series of short takes on his legal fiction (a sequel to my James Patterson post).
Story- Robert McKee
Pride & Prejudice- Jane Austen


New Site Additions
Added a blog button.  Feel free to add to your blog list :o)

Moved my blog list to a separate page.  It's grown to over 70 now!  I've put the 20 or so that I most frequent on the main page, but I scan through all recent postings on the handy-dandy Dashboard.

Added Alan Rickman "Read" ad for ALA.  I'm surprised he's not holding a Harry Potter book!


Coming Soon...
I'm constructing a list of 100 favourite movies to post as a separate page.  I've got 50 so far, but it should be easy to come up with the rest.

What are you reading this week?  Any finished this week to rave about?  Have a great reading week!

8 comments:

  1. Someday I am going to read outside my comfort zone and pick up a classic. I am in awe of those that read them.
    CMash

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure this is my first visit here, and it looks like you have some great reading/blogging going on! Handmaid's Tale is one of my favorite books, but I think it's one you either love or hate. I can't wait to hear your thoughts.
    I'm not sure if I could come up with 100 favorite movies, but now you're making me think...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a while but I loved The Handmaid's Tale. I'm not usually into dystopic stuff either but this was one great novel. (the movie isn't bad, either)

    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have set a classics challenge for myself for next year and Pride and Prejudice is tops on the list. Hope you have a great week.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading The Women by T.C. Boyle and liking it a lot better than I thought I would.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi -

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

    Ha - I thought I was the only person in the world who hadn't yet read a Jane Austen novel...well, maybe I am now, since you just finished one. I better get going.

    I liked Her Fearful Symmetry OK but didn't love it. The Time Traveler's Wife is one of my all-time favorite novels, and her second just didn't live up to it, for me. I hope you enjoy it more.

    I've been wanting to read The Handmaid's Tale for years and years - another one I better get moving on!

    Enjoy your reading week!

    Sue

    www.bookbybook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved The Time Traveler's Wife but haven't read Her Fearful Symmetry yet, I've seen mixed reviews for it so hope you enjoy it.
    Have a wonderful week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm trying to read more classics but haven't been successful (I have a shelf full of them but so many other books to read first) and I can't believe I haven't read anything by Jane Austen.

    The Handmaids Tale is one of my favourite. It was required reading in high school, and it is the only required book that I actually remember and enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete