Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Monday, November 1, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


A weekly meme hosted by Sheila @ One Person's Journey Through a World of Books.

Hope everyone had a great Hallowe'en!  We didn't get many trick-or-treaters (seems to be a trend over the last couple of years) but we had a few cuties, the most impressive being a family of Toy Story characters (dad as Woody, mom as Mrs. Potato Head, one girl as Jessie, and one as Little Bo Peep)!

I dug out my black & gold witch's hat, black velvet cape & slathered on the makeup.  It took lots of scrubbing with cold cream to get it all off but you only get 1 night a year to go crazy dressing up, so why not? :D

As for reading, it's a bit of deja vu from yesterday's monthly wrap-up, but maybe retyping it will get me cracking on it :D

Currently Reading
Her Fearful Symmetry- Audrey Niffenegger--up to page 131
Love, Stargirl- Jerry Spinelli--up to page 51
My Life- Bill Clinton--up to page 244

Next to Read
The Handmaid's Tale- Margaret Atwood
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo- Stieg Larsson

Reviews This Week
None :(  I'm going to post some "retro read" reviews this week.

What's New
~Added My 100 Favourite Movies page.  That was fun to compile but excruiating to format :D

~I'm hosting an "honourable" giveaway until November 13 to celebrate my 50th follower milestone.  I don't have anything tangible to give away (call it lack of funds & lack of willingness to give away books!) but I'm offering exploitative advertising for your blog (he he) and a guest post exchange for posting about "what reading means to you."  Hope you'll participate :)

Have a great reading week :D

3 comments:

  1. I am reading The Trophy Bride

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are reading some wonderful books! I need to start The Handmaid's Tale too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know the feeling, I've had quite a few slow reading weeks, I'm hoping I've reached a turning point LOL. Hope your pace picks up :) enjoy your reads!

    ReplyDelete