Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

2011 Reading Challenge

Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge

I've signed up for the Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge, running from January 1-December 31, 2011.

This is the first time I'm participating in a reading challenge.  I've decided to plunge into a few for next year, but so far this is the only one open to start next year I'm interested in.  If you hear of any others taking place starting in January, leave a comment & link below.

The purpose of Outdo Yourself is to read more books in 2011 than you did in 2010.  There are 4 goal levels to choose from.  I've highlighted my current choice:

Getting my heart rate up – Read 1–5 more books
Out of breath – Read 6–10 more books
Breaking a sweat – Read 11–15 more books
I’m on fire! – Read 16+ more books

As you can see, I'm quite gung-ho about it!  I have TBR stacks to plow through (who doesn't?), but I like having a purpose and a set focus for what to read, so I'm hoping to participate in some challenges that will offer interesting themes.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so tempting...I'm always ready to try to beat my personal best.

    ReplyDelete