Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Monday, November 15, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


A weekly meme hosted by Sheila @ One Person's Journey Through a World of Books.

Such a dull week...only worked a 1/2 day, was sick for about 4 days (I seem to be rejoining the land of the living now) and a funeral on the weekend (there was much consolation in that a long life was lived and bad health at the end was quick to end).  I'm hoping to have a brighter week ahead.

Currently Reading
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo- I've heard that this is a speedy read.  841 pages...really?!?
Love, Stargirl- Jerry Spinelli--up to page 51--not too involved in it now; may return to it when I reach a slump.
My Life- Bill Clinton--up to page 244--too wrapped up in fiction to get back to this now...will return to it sometime, I promise!

Next to Read
The Poisonwood Bible- Barbara Kingsolver--I'm highly anticipating this one!  May have to dip into it, too...
Atonement- Ian McEwan--put this off too long...I blame temptation :D

Finished Reading This Week (1)
The Handmaid's Tale- Margaret Atwood

Reviews This Week (1)
The Handmaid's Tale- Margaret Atwood

What's New
~ Announced winner of 50th follower giveaway/challenge--Susan Coventry @ Reading World.

~ Added comments disclaimer--I still like getting comments on old posts, so feel free :)

~ I am accepting questions for an upcoming author interview with Susan Coventry, author of The Queen's Daughter.  Please post a comment here with what you'd like to ask, and I'll insert it in the interview Q&A.  Thanks :)


11 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better! Being sick is no fun. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo did go at a steady pace for me, but I'm not sure fast is the word I would use to describe it, not at first anyway. The second half flew by. That's just me though. :-) I hope you find lots of reading time this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't get into The Girl with the dragon tattoo. I didnt finish it. Everyone raves about it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL on the Dragon Tattoo page count... I had the same reaction. :)

    I really want to read the Handmaid's Tale - I bought it a couple months back and still have not got to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope this week is better for you.

    It took me two or three attempts to get through Atonement, but it really is worth it. I hope you enjoy it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I received for review "Lodestone Book One: The Sea of Storms" by Mark Whiteway from the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dip into Poisonwood Bible now - it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tell everyone to hang in there with Dragon Tattoo, if they feel like it is dragging! You will love Poisonwood Bible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by! I hope your week is better- I've heard The Poisonwood Bible is fantastic but haven't gotten a chance to read it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not looked at the Dragon Tatoo series.

    I think I may have found a rebound book to get me over my last fab read :)

    enjoy ur week
    carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (and its sequels) - it's actually a bit slow to start, but past about the quarter-point, you won't be able to out it down!

    Poisonwood Bible is one of my all-time favorites!! Looking forward to your review of Handmaid's Tale (going there now!)...

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Poisenwood Bible sounds interesting. Have a great week! Here is mine:
    http://bookjunkiemom.blogspot.com/2010/11/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_15.html

    ReplyDelete