A weekly meme hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy For Books.
This week's question is from Sarah @ Writer, Reader, Dreamer:
What is your favourite book cover?
Love the question this week :) This was once a Top 10 Tuesday topic (try saying that 5 times fast!). It's hard to choose just one but I'm particularly fond of:
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
This cover reminds me of childhood and brings out the anticipation & patience that Claire had for Henry. On a related note, here is another great cover with shoes:
Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie
The shoes in both books aren't very significant, but in this cover, the red is symbolic of China, in which the novel is set during the Cultural Revolution. I love the look of these shoes with the worn toes because it tells me that its wearer has gone a long way.
A weekly meme hosted by Janet @ Friday Fill-Ins.
My responses are underlined; the rest is given:
1. Three things I must have on my Thanksgiving table: Butterball turkey, my mom's stuffing, and pumpkin pie (I think the only way to eat it is with cream cheese filling!).
2. After a tiring day at work, you'll find me sacked out on the couch.
3. This is CNN (*in James Earl Jones's booming voice).
4. During the 1st week of December, it's time to decorate the house & tree for Xmas.
5. Oh, man, thankfully it's Friday!
6. I would like to perfect the art of teaching.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to diving into The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, tomorrow my plans include nothing in particular (whatever catches my fancy) and Sunday, I want to have a solid dent in my current read!
By the way, thank you for voting at right for my reading material for the Back to the Classics Challenge. The polls are still open until December 21st.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone :)