Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Friday, November 5, 2010

Fun Quizzes!

I came across Blog Things with tons of fun, quick & free quizzes.  Some are just plain wacky :D  As for the results, I had a few that made sense, but some were way off.  Here are some sample responses I received that I think were closest and/or something I strive for.  My responses to the results are in ( ):

What Cookie Are You?
You Are a Chocolate Chip Cookie (yum!)
Traditional and conservative, most people find you comforting.
You're friendly and easy to get to know. This makes you very popular - without even trying!

What European City Do You Belong In?
You Belong in Dublin (of course I do, I'm Irish!)
Friendly and down to earth, you want to enjoy Europe without snobbery or pretensions.
You're the perfect person to go wild on a pub crawl... or enjoy a quiet bike ride through the old part of town.

What Wizard of Oz Character Are You?
You Are Dorothy (well, did you expect me to be made of straw, tin, or fur?  LOL!)
You are a little lost right now, but you are slowly finding your way home.
You are a kind and loyal person. You are the truest friend anyone could ever have.
You have an active imagination, and you are intrigued by far away places. You make friends easily.
But at the end of the day, there is no place like home. You value your family and roots.

Tree Test
You Are Happy and Serene (my tree didn't have many leaves but was nice against a blue background)
You are an empathetic, understanding person. You listen carefully and without judgment.
You believe everyone has their own path in life. You are very accepting.
You don't get stressed out or worried easily. You are usually in a very relaxed state.
You aren't much of a party animal or a social butterfly. However, you are usually having a good time in your own way

What College Are You?
You are the University of Colorado at Boulder (funny, since I'm Canadian!)

You're the type of person who likes to study hard and party hard.
You're smart and a free thinker. You enjoy many types of activities.
You are likely to succeed in school. You can study hard when you need to.
However, you also know that school isn't everything. You're all about achieving life balance.


Have fun & don't take all results seriously--there are only 5 questions per quiz, so they can't be all too insightful to your inner being :D

2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't the University of Colorado be rather cold? That makes sense for a Canadian! (I'm from T.O. so I get to say that!)

    ReplyDelete