Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Monday, November 22, 2010

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?


A weekly meme hosted by Sheila @ One Person's Journey Through a World of Books.

This past week, I've been up to my eyeballs in technology, helping to install & finalize settings for my early Xmas gift, an upconverting DVD player (love it!) and my parents' new LCD-TV.  Then their TV broke down & needed a replacement.  Yikes!

So, I didn't finish any books this week, but I wrote a small set of reviews & am whipping through The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (am about 1/4 way through).

All in all, it's a bit of a rerun from last week, I'm afraid...

Currently Reading
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo- Stieg Larsson- now that Lisbeth has entered the picture & Mikael's new job is underway, I'm hooked!  I've got to set aside more "me time" & flip those pages :D

Love, Stargirl- Jerry Spinelli--up to page 51--not too involved in it now; may return to it when I reach a slump.

My Life- Bill Clinton--up to page 244--too wrapped up in fiction to get back to this now...will return to it sometime, I promise!

Next to Read
The Poisonwood Bible- Barbara Kingsolver--Haven't dipped into it yet, but definitely will soon!
Atonement- Ian McEwan--put this off too long...I blame temptation :D

Finished Reading This Week
None :(

Reviews This Week (4)
What Falls Away- Mia Farrow
My Life So Far- Jane Fonda
Don't Tell Dad- Peter Fonda
Kiss Me Like a Stranger- Gene Wilder

What's New
~ Joined 2 challenges for 2011:  Outdo Yourself Challenge and Back to the Classics Challenge.


Have a great reading week :)

4 comments:

  1. I keep hearing mixed reviews of The Girl with the dragon tattoo- Can't wait to get your review

    My Monday Here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following you from BC! I'm an escapee from Toronto 15 years ago :D I like your collection of titles this week! Nothing like a good biography to learn from. Those Stieg Larsson books are huge out here! I was in Chapters on the weekend and there were huge stacks of them everywhere! Drop by my blog and say hi if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to get your review on the Poisonwood Bible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just stumbled on your blog and am your latest follower. As an ex English teacher and a speed reador I devour books. I would love to know what you think about The Girl with the dragon tattoo. You will think I'm being pretentious but at the moment I'm plowing through L'Etranger by Albert Camus, but I am a French Graduate and need to keep my hand in as it were. Normally I thunder through anything and everything. (Lots of trash too!) Super blog. Look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete