Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday Blog Hop & Fill-Ins


A weekly meme hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy For Books.

This week's topic is:

Since Thanksgiving is coming up next week, let's use this week's Hop to share what we are most thankful for and what our holiday traditions are!

Well, here in Canada we celebrated Thanksgiving back in October, but it's a thoughtful idea for a topic, so why not?  I'm always thankful for having a loving, supportive family, a job I love and hope to build a career on, having basic needs that many people are without, and having so much to look forward to and enjoy in this life.

As for holiday traditions, my small, immediate family has dinner together every year, usually on the Saturday before Thanksigivng or right on the Sunday holiday, and oftentimes there will be at least one football game on!


A weekly meme hosted by Janet @ Friday Fill-Ins.

I love the creativity that pours out of these :)  My responses are underlined:

1. Why does my hair insist on sticking out at all ends?!?

2. Open your eyes and you just might see the world.

3. Thank you for reading & following my book blog :)

4. Xmas is my favorite holiday because my entire family gets together.

5. I am SO glad to be starting my Xmas shopping.

6. If only we would make up our minds to be.  (uh, would anything I put in here make sense grammatically?)

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to celebrating my parents' anniversary (#27), tomorrow my plans include tackling the weekend crossword puzzle and Sunday, I want to try out my new up-converting DVD player (oh yeah, and get some reading in, too)!

Have a great weekend :D

6 comments:

  1. Just hopped through. Love your blog so I'm a new follower! Thanks for playing along for our Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I'm so thankful to followers like you. Your comments always make my day and it makes blogging such a rewarding experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same issue as you for #6! Come on and visit my answer to that tough one at billyrhythm.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same problem with my hair sometimes. I finally got a start on my own Christmas shopping today. Better late than never. :-) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. I'm a new follower. Stupid American question here - Do many Canadians play or watch football? I associate the country more with hockey.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your newest follower! I loved your answer. My hair does funny things sometimes ;-)

    ReplyDelete