Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Friday, November 12, 2010

Award & Some Fun Book Cartoons


I received this beautiful award from Dizzy C @ her Little Book Blog.  Thank you :)

I've been warding off a cold for a few days and (as per my ongoing childhood tradition) have been watching cartoons, in recent years from my Looney Tunes Golden Collection box sets.  Gotta love 'em :D

I was reminded of two brilliant cartoon shorts that showcased a number of classic books:  "Book Revue" and "Have You Got Any Castles?"  Both shorts are in the LTGC Volume 2 on disc 4.  Both are on YouTube but this is the only one with a background commentary :D

1 comment:

  1. As I was also awarded this by Dizzy C I thought I'd stop by and visit the other blogs she mentions - ooh I love meeting new bloggers - to say hello. Nice to have met you, well done on the award, I've enjoyed my visit.

    ReplyDelete