Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Monthly Wrap-Up & Year-to-Date

Wow, I can't believe it's nearing the end of 2010.  For some reason, this month in particular went by super fast!  Work tended to pick up this month to an average of 3-4 days a week, so it was harder to squeeze reading time in during the week and to boot, the last 2 weeks were inundated with technology hookups for early Xmas gifts at home and a bit of illness.  Okay...excuses aside, here's the somewhat disappointing breakdown:

Books Read This Month (2)--click titles for reviews
Her Fearful Symmetry- Audrey Niffenegger
The Handmaid's Tale- Margaret Atwood

Book Reviews Posted (8)
When the Bough Breaks- Jonathan Kellerman
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest- Ken Kesey
Audacity of Hope- Barack Obama
In Her Shoes- Jennifer Weiner
The Catcher in the Rye- J.D. Salinger
About a Boy- Nick Hornby

Currently Reading (3)
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo- Stieg Larsson--up to page 250
My Life- Bill Clinton--up to page 250
Love, Stargirl- Jerry Spinelli--up to page 50

Books Read in 2010 So Far (32)


I have a nice long holiday break from December 17th to January 3rd, so I'm hoping to get lots more reading time in there.  Hopefully I'll have Dragon Tattoo nearly finished by the break :D

For those of you posting a monthly summary, how did you do?


2 comments:

  1. The Handmaiden's Tale is one I will read soon (hopefully lol). You read a lot this year! Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read 15 books for November (I won't list them, lol), but a couple of them were really short. :)

    ReplyDelete