Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Friday, November 5, 2010

Book Blog Hop & Friday Fill-Ins


Happy Friday!



A weekly meme hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy-For-Books.

This week's question is from Vicki @ The Wolf's Den.

What are your feelings on losing followers?  Have you ever stopped following a blog?

Oh dear, that's such a travesty!  According to my Google FriendConnect widget, I haven't lost any followers and hopefully never will if I update my posts enough :)  As for myself, I have stopped following about 3-4 blogs, but continue to follow more than 70!  My reason for not following a blog anymore would be if they haven't updated in a month's time without prior notice, say for taking time off or whatnot.  But if I ever come across their blogs again & they're back online, then I will be too :D



A weekly meme hosted by Janet @ Friday Fill-Ins.

My fill-ins are underlined, the rest is given:

1. Sometimes, I feel like a nut and sometimes I don't!

2. Tell me about the whole thing.

3. Small and white, clean & bright, you look happy to me (The Sound of Music).

4. Reading is very enlightening.

5. I keep meaning to keep in touch with old friends.

6. I haven't read Moby Dick...yet.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to nabbing a cold I feel coming on, tomorrow my plans include an afternoon football game and Sunday, I want to watch The Simpsons Hallowe'en episode and finish Her Fearful Symmetry!

Have a great weekend :D

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog! I love your Sound of Music fill-in!

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Sound of Music! Thanks for visiting my blog. I like to follow the teachers and the librarians too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read Moby Dick. How was it? Just eh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - I am finally stopping by through the Hop. It's been a busy time for me. Your blog is lovely and well written. I am now following you.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm an old follower but still stopping by to say hi from the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say I'm glad I don't have the Google Friend thingie, or I'd watch it and agonise over it too! Not knowing means I have no idea and don't care! I've done something similar with other sites and it can totally preoccupy me, watching those numbers. (I hear that authors sometimes do the same thing with their Amazon rankings!)

    I haven't read Moby Dick either and I'm not sure I ever will - HFS is on my TBR pile though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I clean out/check my blog list every few months, and like you, if there have been no postings in weeks, I stop following. There are so many great book blogs out in cyberland, that I want to make room for those that do post regularly.
    Your desktop picture is beautiful...love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joining you from the hop and now following.
    thanks for visiting me.

    You have a lovely blog here and I will be back.

    (I spent several years as a teaching assistant in primary school)

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Read Moby Dick when I was in school, and loved it :) We were also studying the effects of oil and over-whaling at the time, so it all came together.

    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read Moby Dick either and am not sure I want to. LOL Her Fearful Symmetry is one I want to read though. I hope you are enjoying it.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete